Dr. Julio D. Torres began his medical career after graduating from the University of Puerto Rico. Soon after receiving his degree, Dr. Torres traveled to Florida to start his postgraduate medical training. He completed his General Surgery internship as well as his Otolaryngology Residency at the University of Miami School of Medicine affiliated hospital, Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Torres’ is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery. He maintains professional memberships with the following associations:
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery-Fellow
- American College of Surgeons-Fellow
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery-Fellow
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy-Fellow
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Dade County Medical Association-Member
- Greater Miami Ear, Nose, & Throat Society-Member
- Florida Society of Otolaryngology-Member
Dr. Torres is very active in philanthropic and humanitarian work. He is the president and founder of a non-profit organization, “Mision Medica Catolica” (MMC) that since 1999 has been traveling yearly to Central and South America to provide free medical care to the poor. Since its inception, MMC has provided healthcare for over 80,000 patients in Guatemala, Panama and Ecuador, and has donated over a million dollars in medicines and medical equipment.
Because of these efforts, Dr. Torres was recently awarded the national “Jefferson Award” from the American Institute of Public Service in Washington, DC, the “Physician of the Year” award for South Florida, and a Special Citation and proclamation by the Mayor of the City of Miami.
He is also an accomplished guitar player, composer and singer of religious music, and performs frequently in fund raising activities.
Dr. Torres has hospital privileges at the following:
- Palmetto General Hospital
- Miami Children’s Hospital
- Doctor’s Hospital
7100 W. 20th Ave, #608, Hialeah, FL 33016
Mon: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Tue: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Wed: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Thur: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Fri: 8:30am – 4:00pm