A native of Evanston Illinois, Dr. Owens moved to Florida in 1966. He began his career by attending the University of Miami in 1980 and obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Biology as well as graduating Cum Laude. After attending the University of Miami, Dr. Owens then proceeded to receive his Medical Degree from the University of South Florida, College of Medicine in 1984 as well as completing his two-year residency in General Surgery and his four-year residency in Otolaryngology at their affiliated hospital.
Dr. Owens is Board certified through the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery.
Dr. Owens has hospital privileges at the following:
- Baptist Hospital
- Doctor’s Hospital
- Homestead Hospital
- Medical Arts Surgery Center – Baptist
- Medical Arts Surgery Center – South Miami
- Miami Children’s Hospital
- Miami Children’s Hospital Ambulatory Surgery Center
- South Miami
- West Kendall Baptist Hospital