9915 NW 41st St. # 220 Doral, FL 33178
15955 SW 96 Street #303 Miami, FL 33196
8940 N. Kendall Dr. # 504E Miami, FL 33176
4302 Alton Rd. # 115 Miami Beach, FL. 33140
13101 S. Dixie Highway Miami, FL 33156
21150 Biscayne Blvd, #102, Aventura, FL 33180
Dr. Andrew Michael Rivera is a Board Certified Otolaryngologist. He completed his undergraduate studies at an accelerated biomedical science program at the City College of New York where he graduated summa cum laude and was honored as the salutatorian of the university. He then went on to receive his medical degree from the New York University School of Medicine where he obtained numerous honors including induction into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society. Following medical school he completed his internship in General Surgery and four year residency training in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Miami /Jackson Memorial Hospital.
While in residency Dr. Rivera received extensive training in all aspects of Otolaryngology. He learned advanced techniques in the endoscopic management of sinonasal disorders, as well as the medical and surgical treatment of head and neck diseases from renowned faculty. In addition, he conducted clinical and basic science research, produced numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals, and presented his work at multiple national scientific meetings. As chief resident, Dr. Rivera received the Resident Teaching Award for his outstanding commitment to resident education in the field of Otolaryngology.
Dr. Rivera is fluent in both English and Spanish and treats adults and children for a wide variety of ear, nose and throat conditions.
- Primary and Revision Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Balloon Sinuplasty
- Septoplasty and Surgical Treatment of Nasal Obstruction
- Allergic Conditions
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Disease
- Salivary Gland Disorders
- Benign and Malignant Head and Neck Tumors
- Hearing Loss
- Sleep Apnea
- American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- Baptist Hospital
- Doctor’s Hospital
- Homestead Hospital
- Medical Arts Surgery Center – Baptist
- Medical Arts Surgery Center – South Miami
- Miami Children’s Hospital
- Miami Children’s Hospital – Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- South Miami Hospital
- West Kendall Baptist
8940 N. Kendall Drive, #504E, Miami, FL 33176
4302 Alton Road, #115, Miami Beach, FL 33140
15955 SW 96th Street #303 Miami, FL 33196
9915 NW 41st Street #220 Doral, FL 33178
925 NE 30th Terrace, #214 Homestead, FL 33030
13101 S. Dixie Highway #310 Miami, FL 33156
21150 Biscayne Blvd, #102, Aventura, FL 33180
ENT in Aventura, FL
Otolaryngology is a medical specialty that diagnoses and treats disorders of the ear, nose, and throat (ENT). You may need to see an Otolaryngologist in Aventura, FL for a condition such as a persistent sore throat, ringing in the ears, sleep apnea, chronic sinusitis, or hearing loss. Dr. Andrew Michael Rivera is a board-certified otolaryngologist at South Florida ENT Associates serving Aventura, FL and the surrounding area.
Our Otolaryngology Services in Aventura, FL
We offer a wide range of medical and surgical treatments for conditions of the ear, nose, and throat. Dr. Rivera performs a wide range of treatments, including:
- Allergy testing and treatment
- Septoplasty (to correct a deviated septum)
- Balloon sinuplasty (to open blocked passages)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Hearing aids and other treatments for hearing loss
- Sleep apnea and snoring treatments, surgical and non-surgical
Symptoms that May Signal a Visit to an ENT
If you are suffering with any of the following symptoms, a visit to a doctor who is board-certified in ENT/Otolaryngology is often necessary:
- Sore throat: A chronically sore throat that does not improve with traditional treatment is cause for concern. This may be accompanied by difficulty swallowing and loss of voice.
- Sinus pain: This may involve pain in the upper teeth, face, or ear, obstructed passages, or nasal congestion. Allergies are among the most common causes of sinus pain.
- Hearing loss: Hearing difficulties may be caused by issues with the eardrum, the ear canal, or the bones connected with the eardrum. A buildup of fluid or wax in the hear can interfere with hearing, or there may be damage to the nerves from noise or aging.
- Blocked airways: There are several possible causes for inability to breathe comfortably through the nose, including deviated septum, viral infections, and nasal polyps. Dr. Rivera, a top Aventura ENT, can use advanced diagnostic techniques to accurately pinpoint and effectively treat the problem.