Dr. Dougherty attended Villanova University as an undergraduate and received his Bachelor in Science. He then went on to complete his medical degree at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York in 1981. Dr. Dougherty completed his internship in Surgery and his residency in Otolaryngology at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Fl.
Dr. Dougherty is Board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has professional memberships with the following organizations:
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- American College of Surgeons Fellow
- American Society for Head & Neck Surgery – Fellow
Dr. Dougherty has been practicing with South Florida ENT Associates, P.A. since 2002.
Dr. Dougherty has hospital privileges at the following:
- Baptist Hospital
- Doctor’s Hospital
- Homestead Hospital
- Medical Arts Surgery Center at Baptist
- South Miami Hospital
- West Kendall Baptist